Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Next DIY Project : Ugly Duckling Study Lamp

Hey ya'll,
 Was thinking of buying a study lamp for myself, as I had to have one at home.  So when i started researching the variety of study lamps available in today's market, I bumped into this awesome creation by a Hong Kong based designer Karmic To. 


This is an awesome interpretation of a literary story, wherein a ugly duckling who matures into a swan. You will be amazed at how simple this design is and how creative one can get with simplicity. 

Its wonderful to see how To has interpreted this idea using PVC pipes, which are so commonly available and a material often leftover from construction or renovation. He uses the pipe in combination with discarded plastic bottles to create these beautiful, yet ugly :), aesthetic table lamps. 





The design itself represents in a way, the neck and head of swan, which provides an aesthetically appealing piece of art, just composed out of some ugly resources. Hence the name Ugly Duckling ;) 



Designer karmic has certainly inspired me to do this as my next DIY Project and will post the shots of my new Ugly Duckling Study/Table Lamp asap. 


Source : Design Boom

No comments: