Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My n'th Encounter with Viruses !!

I seem to have developed an affinity towards Virus.  Well, I am referring to computer virus here and certainly not an issue with my personal immunity.

I recently encountered an virus attack and I was amazed and surprised by this beautiful virus.
Here's the scenario of the virus attack:

I have a Flash drive of 4GB which i recently used at a local photocopy vendor someplace. When i gave it to him, I had all my contents intact in the drive and then after the photocopy boy took a print of the file i had intended to take and Viola- All my contents of the drive, expect the file, had Gone.. Yeah.. Zuuuup!!! .. I had absolutely no idea about whatsoever had happened to my device. Contents just disappeared.

Of-Course, as any other conman common man would ;) , I panicked and Started thinking of a recovery method. After a bit of research, I pity this guy who had introduced this virus, because, it fell in the Right hands of the wrong person. :). Firstly, Poor creator of this virus had chosen the mighty VB Script for this virus, which is the first mistake, while writing the virus because it's easily breakable. Secondly, he had left a contact number, which he should have never mentioned.

After a bit of thinking and some recovery methods, I cracked this virus in matter of minutes .

I was ashamed and surprised at the level and severity of the virus and the way in which he had chose to write it.  This bugger who created a virus, left a bloody cell phone number and despite many efforts trying to call him, he never bothered to pick my call. Not sure if that was out of fear or something else.

I just wanted to tell him how silly his virus was and complex a virus can be written in future and 2 minutes of his computers access could ruin his entire life's efforts. (I mean it!!! ) :)

Moral of this post is : " If you create a virus, It better be Fast, It better be robust, It better be strong and invincible" And My advice : "Never ever ever leave a phone number within the virus "- This could help tracking the person down and cracking his skull :) :P

Happy hacking :)

No comments: